my lovely pies

Friday, January 8, 2010

WHAT SHOULD I NAME THIS ENTRY AS?


ASSALAMUALAIKUM..

(THE YESTERDAY'S STORY)


What a hectic yet fun day I had. Around 7.30 am; while I was lying on my bed reading the Lit's notes I received last nite, my Intro to Lit's lecturer (Madam A) texted me saying sorry because she had to cancel our class at 10 am today as she didn't feel very well. I felt sorry for her and asked her to take a great care of herself and that I would inform others about the class cancellation. Right after she texted me again saying thank you, Josphine's (Jos) message came in. "effa,saya mau datang bilik awk.mau bincang assignment kenegaraan". Few minutes later, she appeared at my room door wearing her olahraga T-shirt and pink pants..We had a very serious discussion. Really serious until I couldn't take it anymore. haha...There was a moment where I fell asleep when I was writing the points mentioned by her and resulted in her screaming.."ish..tidur pulak kau!" (in her sarawak dialect).. It did awaken me..haha..sorry dear.. I slept quite late last night, so I guess u would definitely understand why all of sudden the alphabets written by me became slanted and out of nowhere..i came up with those weird words and it was even scribbled on the paper..lol.. I was extremely sleepy. Sudddenly..my stomach growled, oh ya! I almost forgot..I hadn't had my breakfast yet. So, I decided to have some instant noodles (the lazy bum bum really lazy to change her clothes, push the G button in the elevator and head to the cafe downstairs). Jos wanted some too... so I boiled some water while she was preparing our "killing spicy-yet-so delicious-till it burns our taste bud" so-called sauce... which was made by adding some salted soy sauce +lots and lots and lots of bird's eyes chillies+ lime.. Indulged on that hot and spicy Tom Yam instant noodle and added plenty of the "sauce" prepared just before that really flown us to those good old memories we had last semester.. We stayed in the same house last semester and that "sauce" really a must to us.. Jos went back home after done helping me cleaned up the dishes. Yeah..predictable! My stomach was in a great pain few minutes after that. Serve me right. Risking myself to have instant noodles as my brunch instead of other nutritious foods while my stomach was totally empty..I had to bear the consequences.. It lasted till the very moment I had to prepare myself to the EC class at 4 pm. Luckily it didn't turn out even worse than I could ever imagine.





English for Communication (EC) class..yeah..another embarassing moment I had. My lecturer intended to show to us the website she created for her students. I've already signed up for that and wrote something in its blogs section. I even have uploaded some photos on it. What I want to tell u is that, my photo was on the main page she showed to us It even had my name below it with the largest font I could imagine my name will be displayed with, EFFADILA.OMG! everybody laughed at me as they realized that the girl who came out with the so called diva posse on the LCD screen was me. HAHAHA...what was more embarrassing, most of the students in that class weren't my coursemates. As it is a university subject, the students came from diverse courses. haiya..so malu ma.. .





Went back to college after the class, prepared myself to attend the dinner with my Academic Advisor, Dr. Goh Hock Seng and his other advisees (whom I met for the very first time). I headed to Garden Deli, a restaurant near our campus with my classmate, Sheila who is one of the advisees. We had some conversations with those new friends we met while waiting for Dr. Goh presence. Few minutes later, he came... with the smart gentleman and casual looking of 40 ++ years old man, he smiled at us and welcomed us which really warmed us. He asked us to make an order from the menu list the restaurant had. I was joking with him saying that.. "can I order the most expensive food they have?".. He was laughing and said.. "whatever u want".. He and others continued laughing  while I was busy skimming the menu list. ( I was very hungry at that very moment..thank u!).. We had a very relaxing conversation. Even though it was my first time meeting the other advisees, I would say that I was delighted with their friendliness and the way Dr. Goh controlled the situation.He even handed out our result slips. One of the advisees (putri) received an ang pow from him as she scored 4 flat in the sem 1's final exam.. (jealousy is detected!).. haha..thanx a lot Dr. Goh for the delicious Roasted Chicken Rice and Mango Sorbet I had. Thanx to all my new friends for the great night!







p/s: No matter what circumstances I had to face, I will try my best to aim for the next ang pow! insyaALLAH.. :)






 




                                                                                             

6 comments:

diyanah said...

okeh. boleh bagi tajuk "yesterday's diary" kat post ni.

Fahim 'n Alin said...

bahse mende ni ipah??hoho

effa_dila said...

haha cramer..tq 4 da idea bebeyh...

pakcik..bahase inggeris la..muahhahah

THE BLOGGER said...

tajuk nyer " ONE MALAYSIA " ...kehkehkeh..

Gua bleh nmpak semangat 1 malaysia dlm artikel awok ni..kehkehkehkeh

p/s : awek cina kat pic tu cute ler....nk berkenalan bleh ? hahahahaha...

effa_dila said...

haha..gatai na...

snh said...

tajok--- everybody